1829 Reisterstown Road, Suite 350
Baltimore, Maryland, 21208
NBCC Approved CE (4 Hours) Cost = $200 (60% Discount)
1. Record four common factors influencing therapeutic outcomes;
2. Record principles of effective traumatic grief therapy;
3. Experience and evaluate various culturally responsive African American traumatic grief interventions;
4. Review and evaluate sample culturally responsive, structured, and integrative therapy plan for a traumatically bereaved African American client;
5. Review and evaluate unique structured approach to biopsychosocial assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and progress for a bereaved client.
Course Includes Complimentary:
(1) Forever Access to Sermons for the African American Grief Journey Library
(2) Seasonal Therapeutic Encounters with Nature Journal ($24.95 Value)
(3) Forever Access to Curated Grounding Bodywork Intervention Collection
(4) Forever Access to Curated Grief Psychoeducation Podcast Library
(5) Forever Access to Curated Gospel Prayer Playlist
(6) Forever Access to Curated Sound Healing Playlists
CEs are offered live 12:00-4:00 PM EST via Zoom on Sundays. Registration deadline is always the Friday prior.☀️
Optional Post CE One-On-One Clinical Consultation Cost = $100/Hour (Two Hour Minimum)
Clinical Consultation Includes:
(1) Pre Therapy Planning
(2) Forever Access to My Traumatic Grief Therapy Practice Forms
(3) Private Practice Structural & Systems Setup Guidance
(4) Potential Client Screening Guidance in Service of Facilitating Therapist's Self Care and Holistic Wellness
Clinical Consultation is offered live during mutually agreed upon days and times via Zoom. ☀️
In addition to offering individual grief therapy to Black women, I am pleased to assist licensed therapists across the United States who would like to develop greater skill and confidence with culturally responsive grief therapy. As an NBCC CE instructor and individual clinical consultant, I will help you to personalize my structured, titrated, and integrative approach to meet your clients’ unique culturally embedded bereavement needs.
While this training focuses on the treatment of traumatically bereaved African American adults, non African Americans are likely to find this program guidance applicable to grief and bereavement work with clients within your particular culture. At the same time, it is important for me to note that my approach and training reflect a value for an emic (shared culture) vs an etic (cross-cultural) approach to treatment (i.e., client-therapist cultural match). This is not the right training for those who are looking to develop their “cross-cultural” competency skills.
Please review the “About Dr. Grayman” page on my practice site to learn more about me as a clinician and educator (https://www.wisdomcounseling-baltimorellc.com/about-dr-nyasha-grayman/). ☀️
- Adults (18+)
2 Reviews on “Dr. Nyasha Grayman, PhD, LCPC | NBCC African American Grief Therapy CE & Clinical Consultation”
Dr. Nyasha Grayman-Simpson is an amazing clinician, counselor, educator, and consultant! In my 30 years as a professional counselor and over 25 years as a counselor educator and consultant, I have never encountered a therapist and consultant that creates outside the box therapy approaches that are culturally specific, liberating and empowering and willing to design new paradigms like I do and have taught clinical practitioners to do! You will receive amazing consultation with evidence informed and humanistic supported bereavement coaching to support your vision to help many heal. Sign up right away!
I recently completed Dr. Grayman’s five hour consultation/training. I wholeheartedly recommend it to every therapist interested in the delivery of high quality clinical support to bereaved African Americans. She is both knowledgeable about the topic and passionate about providing exceptional training. I walked away feeling invigorated to apply the learned material, and hopeful that my clients will benefit. -KerriAnne Sejour, MHC-LP